For many years, Google has made smartphones and other brilliant wearable products but is yet to release a smartwatch despite having a dedicated platform for smartwatches since 2014.
However, there are rumours that Google seems to be moving along with the development of a pixel smartwatch that they may announce this year with the code name “Rohan”.
This Google smartwatch is expected to compete with top smartwatches like the Apple and Galaxy Watch series. The latest version of Wear OS will drive this invention.
Although Google has not explicitly mentioned making a branded Pixel watch, the company’s 2019 announcement for the acquisition of Fitbit was confirmed to open the door to “made by Google” wearables.
Since there is no Google Pixel 6 smartwatch yet, there are a good number of smartwatch options that are compatible with the Google Pixel 6 smartphone. Listed below are some of these smartwatches:
- 1- SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 4
- 2- FITBIT VERSA 3
- 3- FITBIT SENSE
- 4- FOSSIL GEN 6
- 5- TICWATCH E3
- 6- Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS
- 7- GARMIN VENU 2
- 8- Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
- 9- Amazfit Bip U Pro
- 10- Amazfit GTS 2 Mini
- 11- Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle
- Product Image Gallery – Best Smartwatch for Google Pixel 6 Smartphone
1- SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 4
The Galaxy Watch 4, a Samsung device with Wear OS 3 core, works perfectly on Android smartphones, including the Google Pixel 6, once you install a few apps and Google services like maps & fits. Although one might get the best experience from using a Samsung device, it works well with Google Pixel 6 smartphones also.
The Galaxy Watch 4 comes in two sizes – 44mm and 40mm. While the 40mm weighs 30.3 grams, the 40mm weighs 25.9 grams. This smartwatch has an aluminium casing that gives it a sleek design. The colours for the 44mm are black, green & silver, while the 40mm has colours like black, pink, gold and silver. The straps of this smartwatch can be detached and interchanged.
The screen type is Super AMOLED with an Always-on display that makes viewing bright at all times. The 44mm size has a screen size and resolution of 1.36-inches and 450 x 450 pixels, respectively, while the 40mm has 1.19-inches and 396 x 396 pixels.
- Water Resistance: 5 ATM (a depth of 50 metres)
- Companion App: Google Fit, Galaxy Wearable
- Hardware and Processor, Exynos W920 RAM 1.5 GB, internal storage 16GB
- Smart Features, Music Storage NFC Payment (Google Pay, Samsung Pay) Voice Assistant Bixby, Third-Party Apps Wear OS play store LTE/Wi-Fi.
- Health Features: Heart Rate, Sleep, Stress: SpO2 ECG, BIA.
- Sports Features: GPS connectivity, Sports Modes: 90+ Third-Party Sensors Support
In Standard Mode, the Galaxy Watch 4 lasts for up to 3 days, and with GPS and music on, it lasts for just 2 days.
This smartwatch costs $249.
2- FITBIT VERSA 3
Fitbit smartwatches are generally known for their high functionality and efficiency in fitness and health tracking. This smartwatch works perfectly with the Google Pixel 6 smartphone.
This smartwatch has an aluminium watch case. It is available in 5 colour variants – midnight or soft gold aluminium, black aluminium, pink clay/soft gold aluminium, thistle and olive.
The Fitbit Versa 3 has a 1.59-inches OLED display and a resolution of 336 x 336 pixels that helps to show sharper graphics and more text at the same time, especially functional notifications from your smartphone. The display options make it bright and easy to use even in sunlight.
- Compatible with iOS 13 or higher, Android 8.0 or higher
- Bluetooth 5, WiFi 4 & NFC connectivity
- It has hundreds of clock faces
- Water-resistant of 50 metres
- Accelerometer, Altimeter, Gyroscope, Heart rate, Light sensor & Pulse oximeter sensor
- Built-in speaker
- Built-in GPS tracking
On a full charge, the Fitbit Versa 3 boasts of battery life of over 6 days, although battery life varies depending on usage.
The Fitbit Versa 3 costs $229.
3- FITBIT SENSE
It is a sleek, advanced health smartwatch with innovative sensors that track health metrics, sleep and activity. It also helps in stress monitoring. This smartwatch is easy to read and offers loads of core features.
The Fitbit sense has a square face with rounded corners. It is built with a stainless steel ring and a biosensor core with one side haptic button. It has three colours, sage grey, silver stainless steel, and carbon/graphite stainless steel.
It has a 1.59-inch screen size with a haptic button, a Colour AMOLED touchscreen & Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display and an Innovative biosensor core.
- Voice assistant uses either Google Assistant or Alexa built-in to ask questions, set alarms
- Electrodermal activity (EDA) Scan, ECG Scan, sleep tracking, spO2, heart rate monitoring
- Voice to text feature
- Find my phone
- 20 goal-based exercises
- Customised clock faces
- Metrics such as skin temperature, calories burned, Menstrual health tracking, water consumption and so on
- Fitbit pay to any store that accepts contactless payment
- Connectivity; Bluetooth, GPS
- Waterproof resistance up to 164 feet (50 metres)
- Control music apps like Spotify, Pandora, Deezer and the likes
It lasts up to 6 days with regular use and 12 hours with continuous GPS activated.
The Fitbit Sense smartwatch costs $199.95.
4- FOSSIL GEN 6
This smartwatch is one of the latest designs from Fossil, and it comes with a premium design. It is an operating system powered with wear OS 2.3 by Google Wear and is compatible with phones running the latest version of Android and iPhone.
It has a sleek round design of 44 x 42 x 11.5 mm. The casing material is made of stainless steel, and it has a silicon strap material of 44mm has a 22mm strap, the 42 mm has an 18mm strap, and it is replaceable. It is available in gunmetal, goldstone, stainless steel, Purple Silicone, Rose, Steel, Black Silicone, Brown Leather, and Green Camo Grosgrain.
It has a 1.28-inch Colour AMOLED, Always-on mode with a Screen Resolution of 416 x 416 and 326 Pixels.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon wear 4100+
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM
- Water Resistance of 3 ATM or up to 30m
- Companion App with Google Pay, Google Fit
- Sensors like accelerometer, altimeter ambient light, compass, compass, gyroscope, off body IR, PPGHeart Rate, SpO2,
- Sports Features such as GPS connectivity, Third-Party Sensors Support
- Various watch faces
- It is compatible with non-Samsung Android and iOS devices
- Different battery saving modes
With a 300mAh battery capacity, the battery of the Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch can last for over 24 hours in power saving Extended mode. It has four different power saving modes – time only, external mode, daily mode and personal mode, which helps to decide the particular features you want to be turned on.
The Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch costs $299.
5- TICWATCH E3
The Ticwatch E3 by Mobvoi was released in June 2021 and is a follow up of TICWATCH E2 with Snapdragon 4100, usable for wear OS 2 and can be upgradeable to wear OS 3 in the future. It is known for its good battery life and upgraded hardware.
TheTicwatch E3 is crafted in a sophisticated way that gives it a sleek appearance. It has a large round bezel and weighs 32 grams, making it a lightweight smartwatch. This smartwatch has a polycarbonate frame with a plastic casing underneath and a flexible silicone rubber strap that makes it comfortable, flexible and stylish.
The TicWatch E3 has a 1.3-inches 360 X 360-pixel display. It features a 2D curved glass display that ensures the glass is smooth on the edge.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 4100 chip and Mobvoi dual-processor system,
- Wear OS by Google
- Built-in GPS
- IP68 waterproof rating.
- 100+ professional workout modes, like tug of war, skateboarding, mountain climbing, frisbee and many others, although 22 workout modes are pre-installed in the watch.
- Contactless payment with Google pay
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM
In Smart Mode, the Ticwatch E3 lasts for up to 72 hours and can last as long as 45 days in Essential Mode. On this smartwatch, the Essential mode is activated by default when the battery drops below 5%.
The Ticwatch E3 costs $199.
The Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS comes with an OLED screen. Although it works fine with iOS and Android devices, it is more functional with android devices because it uses Wear OS, a Google-operated platform.
The Ticwatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS has a round design, measures 47x 48 x 12.3mm and weighs 41 grams. The watch case is stainless steel and high-strength nylon with fibreglass, while the watch strap is fluoro rubber and is interchangeable.
The 1.4 large display features damage-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass, which delivers enhanced sunlight readability, and outstanding resistance to scratches, bumps and drops from everyday use. It has a 454 x 454 326 PPI full-colour Always-On display resolution, Amoled +FSTN. The watchband on the TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS is made of premium fluoro rubber, making it durable and strong and tender on your skin.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 4100 platform
- Military standard 810g, which is suitable for different climate and temperature changes shock resistance,
- 20+ professional workout modes to include ping pong, outdoor outrun, body mechanics, yoga, swimming, running and many others.
- IP68 waterproof and swim suitable. It is dust and water-resistant.
- Google assistant with built-in microphones.
- IHB /AFib detection and fatigue assessment.
- Connectivity technology like built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Dual display 2.0 technology with customised colourful backlight gives 18 different colours to make the screen comfortable to read under any condition, especially in the dark.
- Google Pay with NFC1000+ watch faces on Google play.
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM.
- Sensors available are Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, 24/7 HD PPG Heart Rate Sensor, SpO2 Sensor, Low Latency Off-Body Sensor, and Barometer.
It has a battery capacity of 577mAh which makes it last as long as 3 days on Smart mode and about 45 days on Essential mode.
It costs $299
7- GARMIN VENU 2
The Garmin Venu 2 can be described as a premium smartwatch for the Google Pixel 6 smartphone. This smartwatch offers a clean user interface with animations that caters to the needs of sports enthusiasts with its sporty look and about 25 pre-installed sports apps.
It has a circular shape with Corning Gorilla Glass screen protection. It comes in two sizes – 40mm and 45mm and weighs 49 grams. The casing material of the Garmin Venu 2 is a Fibre-reinforced polymer with stainless steel bezel.
Garmin Venu 2 has sufficient catchy colour options for you to choose from. The available colours for both sizes are: silver bezel with granite Blue case, slate bezel with black case, slate bezel with graphite case, light gold bezel with a light sand case, silver bezel with mist grey case and rose gold bezel with white case. It has interchangeable silicone straps.
The 40mm size has 1.1 inches while the 45mm has 1.3 inches with a Screen Resolution of 360 x 360 Pixels for the 40 millimetres and 416 x 416 pixels for 45mm. AMOLED, Always-on mode.
- 5 ATM water-resistance level
- The companion App is Garmin Connect
- Smart Features like Music Storage with up to 650 songs, NFC Payment using Garmin Pay, Voice Assistant, Third-Party Apps (Garmin Connect IQ Store), LTE/Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Health Features Heart Rate, Sleep, Stress, spO2 monitoring
- Sports Features: GPS connectivity: Sports Modes: 75+, Third-Party Sensors Support
- 4GB internal storage
For the 45mm, the battery Life in Standard Mode is about 11 days, and in GPS mode + music, it lasts for 8 hours.
The 40mm lasts for up to 10 days in Standard Mode and about 7 hours in GPS and music mode.
This smartwatch costs $349.99
8- Garmin Forerunner 245 Music
The Garmin forerunner 245 music is a GPS running and fashionable smartwatch with music advanced training features. It is one of the best smartwatches based on price and performance. As the name implies, the watch is dedicated to runners with plenty of advanced sports metrics. It is a great smartwatch for runners. The health tracking is similar to that of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
It is sized at 42.3 x 42.3 x 12.2mm and weighs 38.5 grams. It uses a Fibre-Reinforced Polymer casing and has several colours like White, black, aqua, slate grey and berry. The straps of this smartwatch are silicone, and they can be replaced.
The Garmin Forerunner 245 has a 1.2 inches MIP LCD display with a screen resolution of 240 x 240 pixels; the Screen type is Transflective Memory-In-Pixel (MIP)
- Water Resistance is 5 ATM
- The companion App is Garmin Connect
- Smart Features like Music storage up to 500 songs, NFC Payment with Garmin Pay, allows Third-Party Apps through Garmin Connect IQ Store, LTE/Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- Accelerator, compass, optical heart rate, the pulse oximeter sensor
- Built-in GPS tracking, GLONASS & Galileo
- Sports Modes of 70+ Third-Party Sensors Support (Bluetooth & ANT+)
In smartwatch mode, the Garmin Forerunner 245 can last for 7 days and up to 6 hours in GPS mode with music.
It costs about $294.50
9- Amazfit Bip U Pro
The Amazfit Bip U Pro is an affordable smartwatch that comes with GPS connectivity and Alexa support, which are the two highlight features. It comes through for users that need basic fitness and health tracking functions, from regular heart rate monitoring to advanced Sleep and SpO2 tracking.
The dimensions of this smartwatch are 40.9 x 35.5 x 11.4 mm, a weight of 31grams, which makes it a lightweight smartwatch. It has a polycarbonate plastic casing material, available in black, green and pink colours.
It has a 1.43 large HD colour screen display size with a screen resolution of 320×302 pixels and a TFT LCD screen type.
- 50 watch faces,
- High precision GPS,
- Water Resistance of 5 ATM,
- The companion App is ZEPP,
- Various Health Features like Heart Rate, Sleep Quality and Stress monitoring, SpO2 (Blood Oxygen) and ECG,
- Sports Modes 60+ Third-Party Sensors,
- Smart Features like Voice Assistant (Alexa), LTE/Wi-Fi Connectivity.
The Amazfit Bip U Pro has a battery capacity of 230mAh. In Standard mode, this smartwatch lasts for up to 9 days, and GPS and Music last 3-5 days.
This smartwatch costs $69.99
10- Amazfit GTS 2 Mini
Although this smartwatch by Amazfit has a mini size, it has maximum power and high functionality. It is compatible with iOS 10.0 and OS 5.0. It is an affordable smartwatch for the Google Pixel 6 smartphone
It has a 2.5D glass curvature with dimensions of 40.5 x 35.8 x 8.95 mm and weighs 19.5grams which makes it lightweight and comfortable to wear for a long period of time. The casing material is aluminium alloy and plastic with a classic pin buckle; it is available in 4: midnight black, flamingo pink, sage green, and meteor.
It has a 1.55-inch stylish square screen and a Screen resolution of 354 x 306 and 301 PPI. The screen type is AMOLED and has a slim aluminium body.
- Built-in GPS
- 80+ watch faces themes, 60+ always on display patterns
- 70+ built-in sports modes
- Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.
- Multiple health tracking functions such as 24/7 Heart Rate monitoring, Sleep quality and Stress monitoring, SpO2, ECG, female cycle tracking
- 5 ATM or up to 50m water rating.
- Air pressure, accelerator, gyroscope geomagnetic ambient light, bio tracker 2 PPG biological data sensor.
- 3GB Internal storage
It has a lithium-ion battery with a 220 mAh battery capacity that powers up to 14 days for typical use, 7 days on heavy usage and up to 21 days endurance for basic use.
It cost $99.99
11- Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle
This Fossil model is packed with innovative features to assist you in everyday life, and it is available in a variety of styles, colours and looks to keep one looking sharp.
It is a stainless steel touchscreen with a case size of 44mm and 22mm band size that is interchangeable with all Fossil 22mm bands. It weighs 99.70grams.
Gen 5 Carlyle has a 1.28 AMOLED Display with a 416 X 416 resolution and a sharp pixel density of 328ppi. It is compatible with iPhone 12.0 and Android 6.0
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 processor
- Built-in GPS tracking
- Built-in speaker
- Activity tracker
- Wear OS by Google, Google fit, google assistant, Google pay.
- 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM
- Bluetooth 4.2 and WiFi connectivity
- 3 ATM Water-resistance level
- 3 custom battery modes
It uses a lithium-ion battery and has a 24 hours battery with multi-day extended mode, which varies based on usage.
This smartwatch costs $244.
In conclusion, the Google Pixel smartphone is one of the best smartwatches in the market. It surely deserves its own wearable, just as the iPhone comes with various Apple Watch series, and Samsung produces Galaxy smartwatches.