Thinking of buying the best fitness smartwatch for your health need? Without a doubt, staying fit can be said to be a major prerequisite to living a healthy life, the reason for this is not far fetched as the fitness of an individual greatly improves respiratory and cardiovascular health and reduces the risks of having certain diseases.
As a matter of fact, the importance of fitness in living a healthy life can not be overemphasized.
The advent of fitness smartwatches has made fitness tracking seamless. A fitness smartwatch can track all activities, including sleep, monitor heart rate accurately, calculate burnt calories, count steps and so on.
The ability to self-track your fitness makes you more conscious of living a healthy life because it makes you want to exercise more often, have a regular sleeping pattern and even stay mindful of your diet.
Fitness smartwatches can also be called fitness trackers because aside from the basic smartwatch functions, these smartwatches comprise major fitness tracking features, and as such both names can be used interchangeably.
Listed below are some of the best fitness smartwatches:
SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 4
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 was released in 2021 and is equipped with vital fitness functionalities that enable users to track sleep as well as monitor heart rate & blood oxygen. This smartwatch by Samsung was designed simply with a streamlined aluminium metal frame. The LTE model of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 has a sleek design with its rotating bezel.
Since this smartwatch comes with a virtual SIM card, it can be referred to as a standalone smartwatch.
Besides its basic health and fitness functions, a standout feature of this smartwatch is the Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA) sensor which helps to track body composition based on weight, body fat, body water, etc.
- Operating system is Wear OS 3
- ECG app
- Compatible with android and some iOS devices
- Advanced sleep and continuous sPo2 monitoring
- Fitness tracking
- IP68 water-resistant level
- Various connectivity options
- Battery life is 40 hours
- Samsung Pay for contactless payments
- Onboard GPS
This smartwatch costs $249.99
APPLE WATCH SE
Designed with slim borders and curved corners, the design of the Apple Watch SE is quite similar to the Apple Watch Series 6, and it comes in two sizes – 40mm and 44mm. This smartwatch has a sleek design, and the large display makes it stand out. The LTE model of this smartwatch allows for calls to be made directly from the smartwatch without being paired with a phone.
- It has a 5 ATM water-resistance level
- Apple Pay
- Health and Fitness tracking
- Compatible with iOS devices
- The battery life is 18 hours
- Heart rate monitor
The Apple Watch SE costs $279
SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH 3
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 comes in two sizes – 41mm and 45mm; the available colours are mystic black, mystic bronze and mystic silver. This smartwatch is built with a titanium frame, which gives it a classy look. It has a super AMOLED with an Always-On display which makes it bright even when viewed outdoors. It also comes with a damage-resistant Corning-Gorilla glass DXT to protect the screen.
- Spo2 monitoring
- It is waterproof to a depth of 50 metres
- Tizen is the operating system
- Enhanced fitness and sleep tracking
- Built-in GPS
- Battery life: On a full charge, the smaller size of 41mm can last for up to 2 days, while the 45mm size can slightly extend the 2 days timeline.
- Samsung Pay
- FDA-approved ECG readings
- It is compatible with iOS and Android devices
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 costs $399
FOSSIL GEN 5 LTE
The Fossil Gen 5 LTE has a circular and quite bulky design. It has detachable straps that can be either stainless steel or leather, which can be interchanged.
With a 1.28 inches AMOLED display, a 416 x 416 resolution, and a 328ppi pixel density, this smartwatch has a crisp and vibrant Always-On display and is protected by Corning Gorilla glass.
- It is water-resistant to a depth of 30 metres.
- It comes with multi-day battery modes to save battery
- The operating system is Wear OS
- Continuous heart rate, sleep and stress monitoring
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Built-in GPS and NFC
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 processor
- 1GB RAM
- It is water-resistant to a depth of 30 metres
- Embedded e-SIM
- This smartwatch is compatible with
The Fossil Gen 5 LTE costs $349
FITBIT VERSA 3
The Fitbit Versa 3 is an advanced smartwatch for Android users. The Fitbit Versa 3 has a curved shape with an aluminium casing and a side button. It is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. This smartwatch is available in the following colour variants: midnight with soft gold aluminium, black with black aluminium, pink clay with soft gold aluminium, thistle with soft gold aluminium and olive with soft gold aluminium.
- On a full charge, the battery life of the Fitbit Versa 3 is over 6 days
- Call, text and app notifications
- Built-in speaker and microphone
- Quick charge
- The Fitbit Versa 3 is compatible with Android and iOS devices
- Built-in GPS
- It is water-resistant to a depth of 50 metres
- Always-On display that enables users to track temperature during sleep and provide an accurate report on sleep patterns and quality
- It comes with over 20 exercise modes.
The Fitbit Versa 3 costs $229.25.
In conclusion, it is important to note that some similar features cut across all the listed fitness smartwatches, such as their water-resistance levels and that most of them can perform optimally without being connected to a smartphone.
Besides keeping users updated on their smartphone notifications and other basic features, fitness smartwatches also allow fitness enthusiasts to keep an adequate check of their health and exercise with their functional features. Keeping deliberate track of one’s health is essential because it reduces the risks of having certain diseases and keeps one healthy.
These are some of the best fitness smartwatches on the market today. They all have their own unique features and benefits that make them stand out from the competition.