Apple phones are majorly known for their ease of use, consistency, reduced security breaches, variety of accessories, exceptional camera quality, storage capacity, and their MacOS.
The Apple iPhone 13 Pro is one of the best phones in the iPhone 13 series and comes in two distinct sizes – 6.1 inches & 6.7 inches- quite similar to the design of the iPhone 12 Pro.
Although the iPhone 13 series is still new in the market, Apple has already announced the release of the iPhone 14 later in the year and knowing Apple, this will not be the last, as there will definitely be more productions to anticipate.
The iPhone 13 pro was released alongside the iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro max on the 24th of September 2021.
This phone is one of the latest high-end pro-level iPhones by Apple and is perfect for iPhone lovers looking for an iPhone with the best cameras and advanced features.
This article is guaranteed to share key information that will make you decide if the iPhone 13 pro is worth buying.
Is the Apple iPhone 13 Pro worth buying?
The Apple iPhone 13 pro is a powerful phone with a great processor, bright 120Hz display, and impressive battery life. Although it lacks a Touch ID sensor; however, its excellent cameras make it a great choice for anyone looking for a top-of-the-line smartphone. Nevertheless, one downside may be its price tag.
Related Post: What is the Size of the Apple iPhone 13 Pro?
The iPhone 13 Pro models are available in two different sizes – 6.1 and 6.7 inches, and are built with a ceramic shield front, textured glass back, and stainless steel design. This phone has four catchy colours, which are sierra blue, graphite, gold, silver, and alpine green.
The iPhone 13 Pro display has rounded corners that take the shape of a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle.
However, the notable difference between the iPhone 13 pro and iPhone 12 pro is the smaller notch, whose size Apple has reduced by 20%, and the bigger camera hump. Although some users might not enjoy the smaller notch of this phone, it allows for more content viewing space.
Dimensions of this phone in H x W x D are 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm (5.78 x 2.81 x 0.30 in), with a weight of 7.19ounces (204grams).
The iPhone 13 pro features a 3-lens diagonally-aligned camera setup, with the SIM slot and volume buttons located on the left side of the phone, while the microphones, speaker holes, alongside the lightning port for charging are situated at the bottom.
You can find the antenna bands at the top and sides of the phone and the standard power button on the right side.
This phone is designed with an IP68 water-resistant rating, which means that it can withstand water with a depth of 6ft for 30 minutes. With this rating, the iPhone 13 pro can resist splashes, dust, dirt, and accidental water exposure.
Just like all phones in the iPhone 13 series, the iPhone 13 Pro features a 120Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Super Retina XDR OLED display that is better than traditional OLED displays because it does not just provide a better colour contrast but also higher brightness levels, and a wide colour range.
While the 6.1 inches has a display size of 90.2 cm2 and a screen-to-body ratio of 86%, the display size of the 6.7inches is 109.8 cm2, with an 87.4% screen-to-body ratio.
The screen resolution of the iPhone 13 Pro is 1170 x 2532 pixels, with a 19.5:9 ratio (~460 PPI density). With a max brightness of 1024 nits, the display of this phone is extremely bright, which makes movies, and pictures really clear. The presence of wide colour brings vivid, lifelike colours, and true tone matches the white balance of the display to the ambient lighting for a remarkable viewing experience.
This phone is protected by scratch-resistant ceramic glass, oleophobic coating, and Haptic touch support that provides haptic feedback when interacting with the display.
Listed below are some features of the Apple iPhone 13 pro:
- Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion
- It has an IP68 water resistance
- It is available in 6.1 and 6.7 inches screen size
- It has 4 colour options – sierra blue, graphite, gold, silver, & alpine green
- There is a reduction in the size of the notch
- There is up to 1TB of storage for photos and videos
- 120Hz ProMotion displays which deliver excellent graphic performance
- A15 Bionic, which is the world’s fastest smartphone chip
- 5G connectivity
- Advanced camera
- 3095 mAh battery capacity
- Built-in MagSafe technology
- The dimensions in H x W x D are 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.7 mm (5.78 x 2.81 x 0.30 inches)
- Weight is 7.19ounces (204grams)
- Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion
- 6.1‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED display
- 2532‑by‑1170-pixel resolution at 460 PPI
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical); 1000 nits max brightness (typical); 1200 nits max brightness (HDR)
- The refresh rate is 10-120Hz
- 6GB RAM, 1TB storage space
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- IP68 rating for protection from water, dust, and dirt
- A15 Bionic chip
- Video is up to 4K 60 fps, 4K 30 fps ProRes (256GB+), 1080p 30 fps ProRes (128GB), 1080p 30 fps (Cinematic Mode)
- The front camera is 12MP (f/2.2)
- Pro 12MP camera system: Telephoto, Wide, and Ultra Wide cameras; 2MP (f/1.5) main camera, 12MP (f/1.8) ultrawide, 12MP (f/2.8) telephoto with 3x optical zoom. Some camera features are:
- Macro photography
- Smart HDR 4
- Photographic styles
- Night mode
- Deep fusion
- Portrait mode
- Portrait lightning
- True tone flash
- Burst mode
- FaceID for facial recognition, enabled by TrueDepth camera
- Sensors are: Face ID, LiDAR scanner, barometer, three‑axis gyro, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- The operating system is iOS 15
- Supports dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSIM)
- It has a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- It supports fast charging with a 20W wired power adapter, 15W MagSafe
- The contents of this box are iPhone with iOS 15, USB‑C to lightning cable, and documentation
The iPhone 13 pro comes with a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a 3095 mAh battery capacity which can last for up to 22 hours of video playback, up to 20 hours of streaming video, and up to 75 hours of audio playback.
Using the lightning to USB-C cable and a 20W power adapter, this phone supports fast charging and can charge up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
The 5G connectivity, IP68 water resistance rating, bright 120Hz display, super-fast A15 bionic chip, iOS 15, up to 1TB storage capacity, triple-lens camera system, LiDAR and Wide, Ultra Wide, and Telephoto camera, macro mode photography, cinematic mode, ProRes video, amongst many other features of the iPhone 13 Pro guarantees users of overall outstanding performance.
Overall, the Apple iPhone 13 Pro is a powerful phone that is packed with impressive features. Apple lovers will enjoy the brighter display, camera quality, quicker response rate, and other advanced features of this phone. If you are looking for a new phone and are an Apple fan, the iPhone 13 Pro is definitely worth considering.
Image Gallery – Is the Apple iPhone 13 Pro Worth Buying?
References: Apple iPhone.