Apple iPhone 13
Design - 80%
Performance - 87%
Battery Life - 82%
Camera - 85%
Display - 88%
Value for Money - 79%
Last year when the Apple iPhone 12 series was released, it appeared to be the best thing that could ever happen. We had no idea that Apple would roll out a new iPhone in such a short time.
The Apple iPhone 13 will be your favourite if you want a phone with a camera that can take high-quality pictures and also improve your video and gaming experience.
- Unboxing the Apple iPhone 13
- Display (sizes available)
- Performance of the Apple iPhone 13
- Battery Life of the Apple iPhone 13
- Features – iPhone 13
- Specifications – Apple iPhone 13
- Buyer’s Guide for Apple iPhone 13
- FAQ – Apple iPhone 13
- Q: What's in the box of the Apple iPhone 13?
- Q: Is it possible to fold an iPhone 13?
- Q: Is it possible to make a call on an iPhone 13 without a network?
- Q: Is there a Difference between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen?
- Q: What makes the iPhone 13 different from the iPhone 12?
- Q: Is there a difference between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro?
- Product Image Gallery – Apple iPhone 13 Review
Related Post: Is It Worth Upgrading From iPhone 12 to 13?
Unboxing the Apple iPhone 13
Here are the items that come in the box of a brand-new Apple iPhone 13:
- The iPhone
- A USB Type-C to Lightning cable
- A sim ejector tool
- An Apple sticker.
On the new iPhone 13, there are two design modifications that I noticed. The design is identical to the iPhone 12 Pro from last year, but there are still noticeable design changes in the new Apple iPhone 13.
The most noticeable change in the iPhone 13 is the rear cameras, as they are now placed diagonally rather than vertically. Also, with the Face ID feature introduced to us through the iPhone X four years ago, the notch on the iPhone 13 has shrunk by 20% while still delivering the same amazing true depth camera technology and Face ID.
The display becomes more immersive with a reduced notch, and when using apps with a white background in portrait orientation like Gmail, I enjoyed the iPhone 13’s tiny notch even more.
The Apple iPhone 13 has a slightly different button arrangement than the iPhone 12. On the right side, the power button is lower, while on the left side, the ringer switch and volume controls are lower.
Display (sizes available)
The Apple iPhone 13’s Super Retina XDR screen is the same size as the one introduced in 2020. Meanwhile, the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max, both constructed of stainless steel, have screens that are 6.1 inches and 6.7 inches, respectively.
Performance of the Apple iPhone 13
The iPhone 13 features the new A15 Bionic technology, which allows it to have a 50% faster CPU and 30% faster graphics than comparable devices. This means the chip contains a brand-new 6-core CPU, 4-core graphics processor, and 16-core AI processor.
The iPhone 13 uses an upgraded sensor transfer OIS system to penetrate more light. Even though the iPhone 13 ultra-wide-angle photos are darker than the iPhone 12, they feature superior exposure, clearer lines, and less noise overall. The upgraded iPhone 13 camera is very impressive, with a faster refresh rate and greater video capturing capabilities than the previous model.
The photography styles on the iPhone 13 provide an opportunity for you to match your particular preferences better. The iPhone 13’s Cinematic Mode performs as expected, producing professional-looking videos, but it may generate a blur which is upsetting.
Unfortunately, the iPhone 13 lacks Touch ID, which many of us would have preferred because Face ID struggles with masks. It didn’t need a sensor integrated into the display, a Touch ID sensor included in the power button, as on the iPad mini 6, would have sufficed.
Apple has abandoned touch technology in favour of the more complicated Face ID technology since the iPhone X. Although Apple enthusiasts may argue that their technique is more secure, they still find it inconvenient to continuously aim their phones at their faces during each verification procedure. Having another way to unlock the iPhone would have been a good feature.
Battery Life of the Apple iPhone 13
Despite Apple’s claim that the iPhone 13’s battery can last 13 hours of streaming video, I only got 4 hours and 13 minutes before the battery died. The iPhone 13 has a 2.5-hours battery life advantage over the iPhone 12.
Features – iPhone 13
- The new iPhone 13 comes in three storage capacities: 128, 256, and 512GB for some of models. Large storage capacities are available on the iPhone 13, including 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB, but you would be paying more.
- The OLED screen panel of the 170-pixel resolution Super Retina XDR display enables original colour display, film-level P3 standard broad colour gamut, and screen brightness up to 1,200nits when displaying HDR content.
- The iPhone 13’s original depth sensor camera area is lowered by 20% with the screen bangs, resulting in a more expansive visual experience.
- Pink, Blue, Midnight, Starlight, and (Product) Red are the five colours available for the iPhone 13.
- The iPhone 13 comes in three screen sizes: 5.4 inches, 6.1 inches, and 6.7 inches.
- It has a deep-sensing camera that is unique.
- The iPhone 13 has a 5G internet connection, an eSIM card, and Wi-Fi 6.
Specifications – Apple iPhone 13
- The iOS 15 operating system and the A15 Bionic chip come standard on the iPhone 13. (4-core GPU).
- Bluetooth 5.0, ultra-wideband, and Near Field Communication (NFC) reading are all available on the iPhone 13.
- IP68 certification ensures that the device is waterproof and dustproof.
- Smart HDR 4 mode, movie-level mode, Dolby Vision recording, night photography.
- FaceID is a facial recognition system.
- All three types of wireless charging are supported: wired fast charging, 15W MagSafe wireless charging, and 7.5W Qi wireless charging.
- The Apple iPhone 13 comes with 128GB of storage and a Lightning connector.
- The new iPhone 13 camera’s improvements are most noticeable in low-light images shot with night mode, which allows you to snap numerous photos and composite them after tweaking the colour and contrast.
- The camera of the iPhone 13 has a movie effects mode.
- Everything but the subject of the iPhone 13 video is out of focus, which adds to its appeal.
- With the movie mode of the iPhone 13, especially on the Pro model, there are also substantial improvements in the new iPhone 13, including battery life.
- The new iPhone 13 also boasts a typical fast refresh rate screen. This function is one of my favourites because it speeds up my Internet searches.
- The iPhone 13’s fast charging diminishes the phone’s battery power
- The absence of Touch ID or fingerprint sensors is the iPhone 13’s most disappointing feature.
- It is very expensive.
Buyer’s Guide for Apple iPhone 13
Here are details about the Apple iPhone 13 buying guide.
How much is the iPhone 13?
The iPhone 13 is priced at $799
iPhone 13 Available series
The Apple iPhone 13 series is available in four models:
- Apple iPhone 13,
- Apple iPhone 13 Mini,
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro, and
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro max.
Is the Apple iPhone 13 Worth Buying?
There aren’t many changes to the iPhone 13; its camera update is identical to that of the iPhone 12. You’ll only see variations after closely examining the photographs, such as the improved handling of city lights and reflections in the water, which you might not even notice.
So if you have an iPhone 12, you can still keep using it because, if we are being honest, you would not be missing much.
Overall, the Apple iPhone 13 model is still one of the best smartphones in the market. It offers significant increases in image quality, battery life, and screen quality. The improvements over last year’s model (the Apple iPhone 12) are significant.
Although not immediately apparent. The most evident changes can be seen in the camera system, battery life, and refresh rate.
Now over to you, what do you think about the Apple iPhone 13? I will like to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
I hope you found this Apple iPhone 13 review helpful.
FAQ – Apple iPhone 13
Q: What’s in the box of the Apple iPhone 13?
A: In the box of a new Apple iPhone 13, you’ll find the iPhone itself, a USB Type-C to Lightning cable, documentation, a sim ejector tool, and an Apple sticker. Unfortunately, iPhone 13 does not come with a power adapter, headphones, or a Lightning to headphone jack adapter– you’ll need to purchase these accessories separately.
Q: Is it possible to fold an iPhone 13?
A: No, it is not possible to fold an iPhone 13. Currently, Apple does not make any phones that can be folded.
Q: Is it possible to make a call on an iPhone 13 without a network?
A: The iPhone 13 includes technology that allows users to connect to a low-earth orbit (LEO) satellite communication connection capability allowing them to make calls and send messages in locations where 4G or 5G service is unavailable.
Q: Is there a Difference between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro Max Screen?
A: The Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max has a 6.7-inch screen with a resolution of 2778 x 1234 pixels, whereas the iPhone 13 has a 6.1-inch screen with a resolution of 6.1 x 2532 pixels.
Q: What makes the iPhone 13 different from the iPhone 12?
A: The difference between iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 is mainly the screen, which means that the iPhone 13 screen uses an OLED screen with a refresh rate of up to 120hz (the current 12 is 60hz), due to the fact The new OLED backplane generation combines the benefits of LTPS and IGZO technologies, provides an oxide layer,
and has the characteristics of achieving a high refresh rate under low power consumption. The screen’s power consumption issue has been resolved, and it is normal to replace it.
Q: Is there a difference between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro?
A: Yes, there are many differences between the two devices. Stainless steel is used for the back of the iPhone 13 series, while aviation aluminium is used for the 13 Pro.
iPhone 13 has a storage capacity of 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB, the latter of which replaces the 64GB of the original iPhone 12.
The iPhone 13 Pro has a storage capacity of 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB, the latter of which is a newly added feature.
The iPhone 13’s maximum brightness is 800 nits, while the iPhone 13 Pro’s full brightness is 1000 nits (excitation brightness can reach 1200 nits).
The iPhone 13 weighs 174 grams, while the iPhone 13 Pro weighs 204 grams, making it 30 grams heavier than the iPhone 13.
The battery capacity of the iPhone 13 pro is higher than that of the iPhone 13.