Released in 2017, the Apple watch series 3 is the third generation of Apple watch that is available in 2 models – the Apple watch series 3 GPS and Apple watch series 3 GPS + Cellular.
This watch comes in two case sizes – 38mm and 42mm and has cool colours like gold, space grey, and silver.
The Series 3 Apple Watch features a ceramic back, an ion-X front glass, and a Retina OLED display (with up to 1000 nits brightness).
It is packed with loads of innovative features like a faster dual-core processor, wireless chip, built-in GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS, barometric altimeter, optical heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, emergency SOS, Siri speaks, 8GB capacity, speaker, microphone, Apple Pay, GymKit, and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that guarantees users of up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Can you connect the Apple watch series 3 to the iPhone 13?
- How to connect an Apple watch series 3 to an iPhone 13?
- What are the benefits of using an Apple Watch Series 3 with an iPhone 13?
- Are there any drawbacks of connecting the Apple watch series 3 to the iPhone 13?
- Image Gallery – Can you Connect Apple Watch Series 3 to iPhone 13?
Related Post: Apple Watch Series 3 Smartwatch Review.
The Apple watch series 3 is also water resistant to a depth of 50 metres.
While the announcement of the iPhone 14 by Apple has been met with great anticipation by iPhone lovers, the iPhone 13 series are the most recent high-end flagship phone by Apple, released in September 2021, and are available in the iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13, iPhone13 pro, and iPhone 13 pro max.
The phones in this series make use of the latest version operating system, iOS 15, which boasts of advanced features and an Apple bionic chip that has an improved image signal processor, which produces even clearer images. The iPhone 13 is available in colour variants like starlight, midnight, blue, pink, and (product) red.
Some of the best features of the iPhone 13 are its 3240mAh battery capacity which makes the phone last for up to 10 hours and 33 minutes, photographic style, brighter display, cinematic mode, Smart HDR 4, and Sensor-Shift Stabilization, amongst many others.
Although Apple watches are pricey, they are convenient and provide great value for their worth, as they do not serve as just a time-checker since they have several cool features like quick access to notifications, health and fitness features, remote control to the camera, instant response to messages and calls. With Apple watches, you can also listen to music offline, detect falls, and even find your missing iPhone.
Some of the best Apple watches available in the market today are the Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 3, and Apple Watch SE.
Since compatibility is a major factor to consider when getting an Apple watch, it is important that you know the Apple watch that can connect to your iPhone, as this will go a long way in influencing your decision on the exact Apple watch to get.
Can you connect the Apple watch series 3 to the iPhone 13?
The Apple Watch Series 3 is compatible with the iPhone 13 smartphone. It is also compatible with the Apple Watch Series 1, Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 6, and Apple Watch Series 7.
Although all Apple watches have different compatibility with various iPhones, the Apple Watch Series 3 is compatible with iPhones starting from the 6s or any iPhone running on a minimum of iOS 14.
How to connect an Apple watch series 3 to an iPhone 13?
Connecting the Apple watch series 3 to your iPhone 13 is an easy process; all you need to do is:
- Turn on your Apple watch series 3 by pressing and holding the side button till the Apple logo shows
- Move your iPhone close to your Apple watch and wait a few seconds for the Apple watch pairing screen to display on your iPhone 13. When it shows, tap Continue. Alternatively, you can open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on a pair of new Apple Watch.
- Tap Set for myself
- To pair both devices, position your iPhone when prompted so that your Apple Watch Series 3 will show in the viewfinder of the Apple watch app.
- To complete pairing, tap Set up Apple Watch, and follow the directions on your iPhone and Apple watch.
What are the benefits of using an Apple Watch Series 3 with an iPhone 13?
The Apple watch series 3 perfectly integrates with the iPhone 13 for outstanding performance. Using an Apple watch series 3 with the iPhone 13 has several advantages. Some of these advantages are:
- You can listen to songs and podcasts
- Your workout sessions can be accurately recorded
- It is water resistant to a depth of 50 metres
- You are guaranteed quick access to notifications
- You can instantly respond to messages and calls
- Easy connectivity with 802.11n Wi-Fi support and Bluetooth 4.2
- There are two available case sizes – 42mm or 38mm
- Built-in GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS
- The Apple watch series 3 is affordable when compared to other Apple watches
Are there any drawbacks of connecting the Apple watch series 3 to the iPhone 13?
As much as connecting the Apple watch series 3 to the iPhone 13 has numerous advantages, there are also some limitations. These limitations are listed below:
- Apple watch series 3 has an 8GB storage capacity
- Battery life is average
In conclusion, the innovative features of Apple watches have made them a favourite of many Apple lovers. All Apple watches will work with every iPhone; however, the Apple watch series 3 can be connected to the iPhone 13 because it runs on the latest version of the operating system, iOS 15.