The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 smartphone is a mid-range smartphone that comes in a solid, classy and minimalist design featuring a 6.43-inches FHD AMOLED display. It offers an immersive viewing experience with its screen size and astonishing pixel resolution.
This phone offers an impressive 4,500,000:1 contrast ratio for crisp visuals, a DCI-P3 wide colour gamut for vivid colour representation, Reading Mode 3.0 to reduce eye strain, 1000 nits peak brightness and Sunlight Display for clear visibility even in direct sunlight.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 features a 5000mAh Battery capacity alongside 33W fast charging for extensive use. Furthermore, it presents a rear and a selfie camera that offers fair-quality snaps and videos and is rated IP53 for splash and dust resistance.
Most importantly, this smartphone offers versatility at an affordable price. And that is why this article is focused on the pros and cons of the Redmi Note 11 to help prospective buyers make the best choice.
The Redmi Note 11 is equipped with powerful specifications that make it run efficiently. Some of these specs include:
- Operating system: Android 11, upgradeable to Android 12, MIUI 13
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6225 Snapdragon 680 4G (6nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz kryo 265 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 10
- Internal memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 73.9 x 8.1mm (6.30 x 2.91 x 0.32 inch)
- Weight: 179g (6.31oz)
- Display size: 6.43 inches, 99.8cm² (84.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (409 PPI density)
- Main camera (Quad): 50MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.76, 0.64um, PDAF
- 8MP, f/2.2, 118° (ultrawide),1/4, 1.12um
- 2MP, f/2.4 (macro)
- 2MP, f/2.4 (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080@30ps
- Selfie camera(single): 13MP, f/2.4 (wide), 1/3.1, 1.12um
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, NFC.
Software – Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Smartphone
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 runs on Android with an MIUI 13. This current MIUI 13 is based on Android 11, and it does not involve any of the Android 12 features, such as the revamped widgets and their new widget page in the app drawer. Also, there is the absence of an advanced privacy dashboard that comes with choices like a protected clipboard, approximate location, and an updated face unlock algorithm. There is currently no updated file manager nor a clock app with bedtime mode available.
There are various available themes on this operating system. You can download the current one from theme stores, and they can change wallpapers, ringtones, system icons, as well as the always-on display style. You will find some proprietary apps in MIUI; they include a gallery, MI video, music and FM radio. An MIUI file manager is present, as well as a remote app that makes use of the integrated IR blaster.
There is the security app, which scans your phone for malware, manages your blacklist, and manages or restricts your data usage. MIUI 13 offers memory extension choices that are active by default. There is an enhanced screenshot editor and a brand-new battery page which are part of MIUI improvements. The MIUI 13 offers a lot of under-the-hood improvements for an easier and quicker experience.
Undoubtedly, the MIUI 13 OS runs smoothly on the Redmi Note 11.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 phone has a Snapdragon 680 (SM6225), which is a modern chip with a current and efficient 6mn node. The Snapdragon 680 is set up in a 4 x 2.4 GHz kryo 265 gold & 4 x 1.9 GHz kryo 265 silver configuration.
For GPU, there is the Adreno 610 running on its highest supported display resolution of 2520 x 1080 pixels on the Redmi Note 11 using its 1080 x 2400 resolution display, which is good enough for its performance. The Spectra 346 camera ISP and Hexagon 686 DSP of the Snapdragon 680 are not phenomenal because the Redmi Note 11 is only limited to 1080p video capture.
The Snapdragon 680 has no exquisite features on Note 11, as it only comes with the X11 LTE modem, rated at cat 13 speeds, topped at 390 Mbps down and C150 Mbps up. The Quick charge 3+ support is a bit old but still charges fast with the Redmi Note 11 support for power delivery 3.0.
The Redmi Note 11 gives an overall satisfactory performance thanks to its cool features like its strong 90Hz AMOLED display, stereo speakers, a nice camera setup and a powerful 5000 mAh battery that charges at 33W, amongst others.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pros and Cons
Listed below are some of the pros of the Redmi Note 11:
- This phone has a classy dual-glass design with a matte finish, which offers a premium look.
- It is IP53 rated for dust and splash resistance.
- It is available in catchy colour choices like graphite grey, twilight blue and star blue.
- It offers a standard AMOLED brilliant screen with a refresh rate of 90Hz and excellent colour accuracy.
- Outstanding battery life with fast 33W charging that boosts the phone quickly.
- It features a loud stereo speaker with quality audio which makes it great for watching videos and listening to music.
- The Redmi Note 11 comes with a 3.5 mm Jack, FM radio, NFC, IR blaster, and MicroSD slot.
- It has a solid and great camera setup with fantastic portraits and macro shots.
- It is not pricey.
- The Snapdragon 680 has minimal performance, especially in the GPU area
- Unimpressive ultrawide camera
- The Night mode is only found on the main camera but is still disappointing.
- The cameras lack a 4k video capture.
- The MIUI 13 performance has minimal features because it is based on the outdated Android 11.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 cost around $200, but the price could vary depending on the location.
Conclusion – Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Smartphone
Overall, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 is a great phone that offers solid performance for a mid-range phone. Despite its downsides, it is still a very considerable phone to own as it gives users amazing value for its cost.