The Garmin Venu SQ was released in September 2020 and comes in Standard and Music editions. While the Standard edition only features Bluetooth, the Music edition comes with Wi-Fi.
- Is Garmin Venu Sq a smartwatch?
- What can my Garmin Venu Sq do?
- Can you answer calls on Garmin Venu Sq?
- Can I use Garmin Venu Sq without a phone?
- How do I text on my Garmin Venu Sq?
- Can you talk on Garmin Venu SQ?
- Can you read text messages on Garmin Venu SQ?
- Where are notifications on Garmin Venu SQ?
- Is Garmin Venu SQ worth buying?
- Is Garmin Venu SQ waterproof?
- Product Image Gallery
It has a square watch face with a rounded and lightweight design, and a bright Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) which makes the Smartwatch energy efficient. It comes with major core sensors like built-in GPS, a heart rate monitor and a pulse ox sensor which estimates the amount of oxygen in your blood.
It has a battery life of up to 6 days and 14 hours in GPS mode. It has an Always-On display which enables you to view information on your Smartwatch at a glance without actually accessing it. It is waterproof up to 5 ATM which means it can withstand pressure equivalent to a depth of 50 meters. The Garmin Venu SQ is compatible with smartphones using Bluetooth technology which are iPhones and Android.
Is Garmin Venu Sq a smartwatch?
Due to the features of the Garmin Venu SQ such as health monitoring and fitness tracking, it is considered to be a Smartwatch.
What can my Garmin Venu Sq do?
This Smartwatch has a variety of functions which include:
- Built-in GPS which guides you through workouts and lets you track your daily runs and total steps taken.
- On the Music edition of the Garmin Venu SQ, you can download music offline from the app to the Smartwatch
- Fitness Tracker: The fitness tracker on this Smartwatch comes with some preloaded workout modes for activities such as boxing and yoga. It furthermore tracks various aspects of your wellbeing like heart rate, reads oxygen saturation levels (SpO2) and calories burnt
- It also helps to determine how fit you are with the aid of the Volume of oxygen (VO2) level tracker
- Sleep tracking: The Garmin Venu SQ tracks your Rapid Eye Movement and lets you know your SpO2 level while you sleep.
Can you answer calls on Garmin Venu Sq?
When you receive a phone call on your connected smartphone, your Garmin Venu SQ notifies you of the call by displaying the name or phone number of the caller. To accept the call, you can touch the Answer button on your Smartwatch, however, to speak to the caller, you must use your connected smartphone.
Can I use Garmin Venu Sq without a phone?
The Garmin Venu Sq requires a cellular connection as it can not function without, and as such, you can not use this Smartwatch without a phone.
How do I text on my Garmin Venu Sq?
When you receive a text message alert, you can send a reply by selecting from your list of customized replies. You can customize messages in the Garmin Connect app. The following steps should be taken to text on your Garmin Venu Sq:
- Swipe up or down to view the Notifications widget
- Select a text message notification
- Swipe up to view the notifications options
- Select Reply
- Select a message from the list.
Can you talk on Garmin Venu SQ?
The Garmin Venu SQ allows you to accept calls, however, to have a conversation with the caller, you must use your connected smartphone.
Can you read text messages on Garmin Venu SQ?
To read text messages on your Garmin Venu SQ, swipe up or down from your watch face to view the notifications widget. Select the message you want to read and scroll to read the full-text message.
Where are notifications on Garmin Venu SQ?
To view notifications on your Garmin Venu SQ, swipe left or right to view the Notifications widget.
Is Garmin Venu SQ worth buying?
Some features to consider that will help your decision in buying the Garmin Venu SQ Smartwatch include:
- It has a Find my Phone feature that enables you find your smartphone if you have misplaced it
- Alerts you of incoming calls on your smartphone and allows you mute or reject calls. Note that to answer calls on your Smartwatch, you have to use your connected smartphone
- Tracks your sleep quality, distance covered, steps taken and counts how many calories you have burned
- Has a heart rate monitor that enables you calculate a suitable intensity of exercise
- Monitors blood oxygenation levels
- It is water resistant to a depth of 50 meters
- It has a battery life span of 6 days
Is Garmin Venu SQ waterproof?
The Garmin Venu SQ is waterproof up to 5 ATM which means that it can withstand pressure equivalent to a depth of 50 meters.
The Garmin Venu SQ Smartwatch which is slightly similar to the Garmin Venu has a squarish and lightweight design. It also has a LED display, a 6 days battery life and is water-resistant to the depth of 50 meters. It comes with health/activity tracking, pulse ox sensor and 2 editions which are the Standard and Music edition.
Conclusively, the Garmin Venu SQ is a great smartwatch for health and fitness lovers because it is loaded with everything necessary to track your health and fitness.