The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is a budget-friendly smartphone that has the capability to handle gaming with ease. It runs on Android version 11 and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor, which ensures the smooth running of a variety of tasks. But is this phone good for gaming? In this article, I will be answering the question and explaining in detail how it measures up in terms of gaming performance.
Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Good For Gaming?
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is a great option for gaming due to its high-performance hardware and software. The device runs on Android 11 and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 processor. This processor is built on an 8nm process technology and has 8 Kryo 660 cores, which are optimized for high-performance tasks such as gaming. The Adreno 619 GPU in the processor ensures smooth and efficient rendering of high-graphics games, providing a great gaming experience.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G can handle popular mobile games such as Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, World of Tanks Blitz, and Free Fire Max with ease. These games have demanding graphics and require a high-performance processor to run smoothly, and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is able to deliver that. The device’s 6GB or 8GB of RAM also helps in this regard, as it allows for smooth multitasking and prevents lags or stutters during gaming sessions.
Another important aspect to consider when it comes to gaming on a smartphone is the battery life. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G has a 4500mAh battery that can last for a full day with regular use. When it comes to gaming, the phone’s battery life is drained by about 10-12%. This means you can play games for several hours without having to worry about running out of battery.
- Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Good For Gaming?
- Overview of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G: Performance, Design, and Features
- The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G’s Processor
- Image Gallery – Is Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G Good for Gaming?
Related Post: Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro Review.
Overview of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G: Performance, Design, and Features
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 series is known for its reliability and consistency, with each model succeeding its predecessor while maintaining the same level of quality. This means that users can expect a consistent and high-quality experience with the Redmi Note 11 series.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is a model that stands out in the series, as it is equipped with a range of features that are designed to provide users with a powerful and enjoyable experience. Some of these features include:
- Octa-Core processing unit: This powerful processor runs at a frequency of up to 2.2Hz, providing users with smooth and efficient performance.
- Qualcomm Adreno 619 graphics unit: This powerful graphics unit ensures that high-graphics games and other demanding applications run smoothly and efficiently.
- 6.67” (FHD+) AMOLED Display: The phone’s large and high-resolution display offers great viewing and capturing experience, with vibrant colours and deep blacks.
- 5G network connectivity: As the name suggests, the phone supports 5G networks which provide users with faster download and upload speeds and lower latency. It also supports 4G connectivity as well
- lightweight design: The phone’s lightweight design makes it easy to handle while in motion, making it comfortable to use for extended periods of time.
- 120Hz refresh rate: The phone’s 120Hz refresh rate ensures that multitasking is smooth and glitch-free.
- 108MP main rear camera: The phone’s main rear camera is a 108MP sensor that stands out from the other cameras in a two-levelled configuration. It offers high resolution and detail, making it ideal for capturing high-quality photos and videos.
- 3.0 reading mode and sunlight display: These features make the phone adapts to external lighting, making it easy to use in bright outdoor conditions.
- Type: (FHD+) AMOLED Display
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Contrast Ratio: 4,500,000:1
- Aspect Ratio: 20:9
- Pixel per Inch: 395ppi density
- Screen Brightness: 700 nits (min), 1200 nits (max)
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kyro 660 Gold 6×1.7 GHz Kyro 660 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Operating System: Android v11, MIUI 13
- Dimension: 164.2 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm (6.46 x 3.00 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 202g (7.13oz)
- Build: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (front), Tempered glass (rear) with a matte finish, and Plastic frame with a matte finish
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) with IP53 certification, dust, and splash resistant
- Type: Non-removable Li-Po 5000mAh battery
- Charging: 67W turbocharge, which gives you at least 50% in 15 mins, and 100% battery life in less than 45 mins.
- Main Camera: Triple set-up – 108MP wide (f/1.9), 8MP Ultrawide (f/2.2), and 2MP macro (f/2.4), which features such as LED flash, HDR, and panorama
- Video (main camera): 1080p@30fps
- Selfie camera: 16MP wide (f/2.4)
- Video (selfie camera): 1080p@30fps, 720p@30fps
- Internal memory:
- 6 GB RAM + 64 GB built-in memory
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB built-in memory
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB built-in memory
- External memory: Micro SDXC slot; expandable to 1 TB
- Sensors/Security (side-mounted fingerprint sensor, AI face unlock, gyroscope, accelerometer, and proximity sensor)
- Bluetooth: v5.1
- Network connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- USB: Type-C USB 2.0, USB-on-the-go
- Available colours: Polar White, Graphite Gray, and Atlantic Blue
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G’s Processor
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G, as part of its dynamic specification, runs on the Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm) chipset, which was designed to enhance the uniqueness of the phone. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 works well with Android and has smooth running capacity for a good gaming experience, as it was built majorly for gaming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 – an 8-core chipset that was announced on October 27, 2021, and is manufactured using a 6-nanometer process technology. It has 2 cores Kryo 660 Gold (Cortex-A78) at 2200 MHz, and 6 cores Kryo 660 Silver (Cortex-A55) at 1700 MHz. It supports 5G connectivity.
The Qualcomm Kryo 660 CPU, Qualcomm Adreno™ 619 GPU, and 6 nm processor are all improved from the predecessor.
These robust performance upgrades are responsible for every on-device interaction, including smooth gaming, reliable streaming, pro-level photography, plus real-time uploads and downloads.
Here are some of its stand-out features:
- Truly global 5G connectivity with Sub-6nmWave support.
- Support for TDD, FDD, and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing for global 5G coverage.
- Qualcomm Signal Boost antenna tuning.
- Qualcomm Kryo 660 CPU provides up to 15% improvement from the previous generation.
- New CPU architecture with performance up to 2.2 GHz.
- Qualcomm Adreno 619 GPU with up to 30% performance improvement from the previous generation.
- Power-efficient 6 nm Process for improved performance and power savings.
- Qualcomm AI Engine and Qualcomm Hexagon Vector extensions provide responsive AI performance.
- Qualcomm Sensing Hub enables your favourite voice assistant to be always on, awaiting your command.
- Qualcomm Sensing Hub
- Ultra-low power for audio, voice, and sensors
- Supports multiple hardware-accelerated always-on voice assistants
- Multi-mic far-field detection and echo cancellation
In conclusion, if you love gaming, then the Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is an ideal phone choice as it guarantees you a smooth gaming experience.
Other phones in its price range offer decent gaming performance, but they do not measure up to the powerful performance of the Note 11 Pro 5G.