Released in 2019, the Apple iPhone 11 succeeded the iPhone XR and is part of a series that includes the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max. One standout feature of the iPhone 11 is its top-class, high-speed, and efficient processor – the Apple A13 Bionic processor – which is a significant upgrade from the iPhone XR.
In addition to its A13 Bionic processor, the Apple iPhone 11 comes equipped with the iOS 13 operating system, which can be upgraded to the latest version, iOS 16.3, providing users with the latest features and enhancements. The phone is also lightweight, pocket-friendly, and affordable, making it an excellent choice for users on a budget who don’t want to sacrifice performance or functionality.
- Unboxing the Apple iPhone 11 Smartphone
- Apple iPhone 11 Review: Design
- Apple iPhone 11 Review: Display
- Sound Quality
- Apple iPhone 11 Review: Performance
- Apple iPhone 11 Review: Battery Life
- Apple iPhone 11 Review: Specifications
- Camera Specifications
- Buyer’s Guide
- Available series of the Apple iPhone 11
- Alternatives to the Apple iPhone 11
- FAQs – Apple iPhone 11 Review
- Image Gallery – Apple iPhone 11 Review
Related Post to Read:
Unboxing the Apple iPhone 11 Smartphone
The content of the Apple iPhone 11’s box includes:
- An iPhone 11 smartphone of your preferred colour
- A USB-C to lightning cable which supports fast charging and works perfectly with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.
- Apple sticker
Apple iPhone 11 Review: Design
The Apple iPhone 11 boasts a sleek, slimmer body that is both stylish and functional. Its aluminium chassis features a curved design, providing a smooth grip that feels comfortable in the hand. With a variety of colours to choose from, users can select a hue that suits their unique taste and personality.
The phone’s lightweight, rectangular design is visually appealing, with curved edges that enhance its overall beauty. However, users should exercise caution as the aluminium chassis is susceptible to scratches and dents. The matte finish, in particular, can be easily wiped off, making it essential to handle the device with care.
In terms of materials, the Apple iPhone 11 combines glass and aluminium to create an A-grade, stylish look. Its front and back are made of Corning glass, while the curved aluminium frame features a matte finish and bears the Apple logo. The screen is protected by a scratch-resistant layer, ensuring its longevity.
The phone’s IP68-rated water and dust resistance feature is another notable aspect of its design. Users can enjoy peace of mind knowing their device is protected against water immersion for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 2 meters. However, it’s important to note that exceeding this depth limit could cause severe damage to the device’s internal hardware.
The Apple iPhone 11 includes a SIM slot for a Nano-SIM and an eSIM, both of which are protected by the IP68-rated dust resistance feature. This safeguard ensures that dust particles do not accumulate in the slots, potentially damaging them and impacting their function.
Despite its slim design, the iPhone 11 features a sizable battery, weighing in at 194g (6.84oz). Measuring 150.9 mm x 75.7 mm x 8.3 mm (5.94 in x 2.98 in x 0.33 in), it is a pocket-friendly device that offers both style and functionality.
Apple iPhone 11 Review: Display
The Apple iPhone 11 features a well-protected display, thanks to its ceramic scratch-resistant glass that prevents frequent touches from leaving scratches. This phone comes equipped with a Liquid Retina IPS LCD that boasts a screen-to-body ratio of 79.0%, providing ample screen real estate at 6.1 inches or 90.3 cm2.
The screen’s brightness is rated at a maximum of 625 nits, making it usable even under soft lighting conditions. This feature allows you to use your phone for outdoor activities such as video recording and photo sessions without compromising the colour output of the Apple iPhone 11.
Furthermore, the iPhone 11’s screen resolution stands at 828 x 1792 pixels, with a 19.5:9 screen ratio and 326ppi pixel density, resulting in a more immersive user experience with improved visual and graphic quality during video recording and photo sessions.
The audio output of the Apple iPhone 11 is enhanced by its three microphones, which significantly improve the quality of sound you get from the device. The first microphone is located at the bottom of the phone beside the speaker grill (left side of the lightning charging port), while the second one is embedded in the earpiece of the phone. The third microphone is built into the rear camera, which helps in improving the quality of audio when recording videos.
The Apple iPhone 11 features stereo speakers, with one located at the top and the other at the bottom. However, it lacks a 3.5 mm audio jack, and instead, its charging port doubles as the audio jack. Nevertheless, the iPhone 11 is highly regarded for its excellent audio quality when streaming videos or playing audio via its speakers.
The phone boasts a well-tuned tonal balance and precise bass definition, while the high quality of midrange frequencies adds a natural rendering of voices in the mix. It maintains a consistent performance, even when recording in loud environments, which makes it an excellent choice for anyone who values high-quality audio.
Apple iPhone 11 Review: Performance
The performance of the Apple iPhone 11 is proof of the strength of the processor it possesses. The speed of execution of tasks on the Apple iPhone 11 thrives on the Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+) chipset processor. Bionic processors are one of the fastest processors in the digital world with one major attribute – speed.
With the combination of the Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+) chipset that powers the CPU and an Apple GPU (4-core graphics) GPU, the iPhone 11 is a perfect device for gaming with no glitches and seamless performance.
The advent of AI (Artificial Intelligence) has also made interaction with smartphones easier. The Apple iPhone 11 employs Siri as its foremost AI preinstalled in it. The use of Siri helps oversee the content and function of major apps on the phone with less contact with your fingers.
The iOS 13 operating system on the Apple iPhone 11 is a good performer and a perfect OS for the Apple A13 Bionic processor. It is responsible for the cool interface of the iPhone 11 but has been made upgradable beyond other versions of iOS to the latest iOS 16.3, which comes with updated features.
Apple iPhone 11 Review: Battery Life
The iPhone 11 comes packed with a non-removable Li-Po battery with a 3110mAh (11.91Wh) capacity, offering up to 17 hours of video playback, 10 hours of streamed video playback, and 65 hours of audio playback. The battery supports wired PD2.0 charging, providing 50% battery life in just 30 minutes. The battery is also compatible with Qi wireless charging.
Some of the best features of the iPhone 11 include:
- Scratch-resistant (ceramic) glass
- Liquid Retina IPS LCD
- SIM slot: Yes (Nano-SIM and eSIM)
- Security: Face ID lock
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Camera (rear): 12MP wide (f/1.8) and 12MP (f/2.4) ultrawide cameras
- Camera (Front): Single 12MP (f/2.2) wide camera
- Camera Features: Dual LED dual-tone flash, and HDR
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Microphones and Loudspeakers
- Power button (on the right side of the phone)
- Volume buttons (on the left side of the phone)
Apple iPhone 11 Review: Specifications
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal memory
- 4 GB RAM + 128 GB internal memory
- 4 GB RAM + 256 GB internal memory
- No expandable memory
- Dimensions: 150.9 mm x 75.7 mm x 8.3 mm (5.94in x 2.98in x 0.33in)
- Weight: 194g (6.84oz)
- CPU: Hexa-core (2×2.65 GHz Lightning + 4×1.8 GHz Thunder)
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7nm+)
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- OS: iOS 13 (upgradable to iOS 16.3)
- Colours available: Black, White, Red, Green, Yellow, and Purple
The Apple iPhone 11 smartphone has good camera qualities in front and at the rear.
- The rear camera has a dual-camera setup
- 12 MP (f/1.8, 26 mm, 1.4 µm, 1/2.55″, dual pixel PDAF, OIS) wide camera
- 12 MP (f/2.4, 120˚, 13 mm, 1/3.6″) ultrawide camera
- The rear camera features a Dual LED dual-tone flash and HDR (photo/panorama).
- The video output of the rear camera is [email protected]/30/60fps and [email protected]/60/120/240fps with an HDR stereo sound recording feature.
- The front camera is a single 12MP (f/2.2, 23 mm, 1/3.6″) wide camera which has SL 3D (depth/biometrics sensor). It also features HDR.
- The video output of the front camera is [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps with a gyro-EIS feature.
The portability of the Apple iPhone 11 is linked to its size and weight. At 194g (6.84 oz), this smartphone is lightweight and easy to hold and carry around.
The serviceability rating of the Apple iPhone 11 is lower compared to the Apple iPhone 14. Therefore, it is best to seek professional repair services from Apple or authorized tech companies to avoid causing further damage while attempting to fix it.
In the event of a damaged screen, the chassis of the iPhone 11 must also be replaced, not just the screen.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Enabled
- Radio: No
- USB: Lightning, USB 2.0
The Apple iPhone 11 comes with preinstalled iOS 13 operating system, which runs on an Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+) chipset. For iPhones, it only gets better with subsequent upgrades to boost the speed and performance of the phones.
The iOS operating system keeps the iPhone 11 running with some preinstalled software, which can also be called system apps. The App store is one of the preinstalled software which allows you to download apps for free or buy them into your iPhone.
The iPhone 11 also comes with the “Find My” app, which makes it easy to track your iPhone if it goes missing. It also comes with the Apple Pay app, which allows you to make orders and pay for them using a master card and other acceptable cards to make payments via the app.
Other free apps from Apple that come with the iPhone 11 include Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iMovie, GarageBand, and Clips. There is also TrueDepth Camera which powers the Face ID recognition feature in the iPhone 11.
- Powerful A13 Bionic processor
- Competitive Pricing
- Impressive battery life
- Upgraded camera system
- Available in new and attractive colours
- Dual camera setup with an ultra-wide-angle lens
- Excellent Night Mode feature for improved low-light photography
- The display is not the best.
- The design is not as sleek as the Pro.
- The base storage is only 64 GB.
- The 2x telephoto lens is only available on Pro models.
Listed below are some important factors that you should consider if you want to buy the iPhone 11:
- Camera: The iPhone 11 features a dual rear camera setup, including a 12MP (f/1.6) wide and a 12MP (f/2.4) ultra-wide camera for capturing high-quality photos in any lighting condition. On the front, it has a 12MP (f/2.2) wide camera with a depth sensor.
- Display: With a 6.1 inches, 90.3cm2 (79.0% screen-to-body ratio) Liquid Retina IPS LCD and a screen resolution of 828 x 1792 pixels, the iPhone 11 delivers a sharp and vibrant display output.
- Battery Life: The 3110mAh battery capacity provides long-lasting usage with up to 17 hours of video playback, 10 hours of streamed video playback, and 65 hours of audio playback.
- Water/Dust Resistance: The iPhone 11 has an impressive IP68 rating for water resistance up to 2 m deep for 30 minutes. However, exceeding the 2 m depth limit can cause damage to the phone.
- Storage: The iPhone 11 offers various storage options to cater to different user needs. You can select from a range of internal storage options, including 64 GB, 128 GB, and 256 GB. All options come with 4 GB of RAM.
- Colour Variants: The iPhone 11 is available in six vibrant colours, including black, white, red, green, yellow, and purple.
Here are some tips to keep your Apple iPhone 11 functioning at the top level:
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Non-operating temperature: −4° to 113° F (−20° to 45° C)
- remove certain cases that could generate heat while charging your phone.
- Keep it half-charged if you will store it for a long time.
As the internal storage increases, so does the price of the phone. The iPhone 11 is available in three configurations:
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage for $699
- 4 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage for $749
- 4 GB RAM + 256 GB internal storage for $849
Available series of the Apple iPhone 11
The series available of the Apple iPhone 11 are:
- iPhone 11: 6.1-inch display. Dual-lens camera with ultrawide and wide lenses.
- iPhone 11 Pro: 5.8-inch display. Triple-lens camera with ultrawide, wide, and telephoto lenses.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: 6.5-inch display. Triple-lens camera with ultrawide, wide, and telephoto lenses.
Alternatives to the Apple iPhone 11
- Apple iPhone 12
- Apple iPhone 13
- Apple iPhone XR
- Apple iPhone 12 Mini
- OnePlus 9
In conclusion, the Apple iPhone 11 truly stands out as a remarkable smartphone, offering you, the user, an unparalleled experience. With its stunning display, extraordinary video and photo capabilities, and the seamless performance delivered by the cutting-edge Apple A13 Bionic processor and iOS 13 operating system, this phone is tailor-made for those who appreciate the finest in technology.
I understand that choosing the right phone is a personal decision that requires careful consideration, and the iPhone 11 is sure to impress anyone who values top-quality features and lightning-fast performance.
FAQs – Apple iPhone 11 Review
Q: Is the iPhone 11 dual sim?
A: You can use Dual SIM on the following iPhones: iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, iPhone SE (3rd generation), and iPhone 14 (purchased outside the U.S.). Please note that these models can use one physical SIM and one eSIM.
Q: How long is the battery life of the iPhone 11?
A: The iPhone 11 lasts one hour longer than the iPhone XR. Video playback is up to 17 hours, video playback (streamed) is up to 10 hours, and audio playback is up to 65 hours.
Q: Is iPhone 11 5G?
A: The iPhone 11 series only supports 4G connectivity, unlike the newer iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series, which are 5G compatible.
Image Gallery – Apple iPhone 11 Review