Apple laptops, also known as Macbooks, are designed to run on the macOS. Although Macbooks are not specifically designed to be gaming laptops, some models provide a decent gaming performance for game enthusiasts who prefer to use Apple laptops.
Generally, Macbooks are known for their sleek design, portability, and reliability. Also, MacBook models that offer a great gaming experience come packed with features that game lovers will find enjoyable.
- What Are The Main Features Of Apple Laptops That Make Them Good For Gaming?
- What Are The Different Gaming Laptops Offered By Apple?
- How Do Apple Laptops Compare To Other Gaming Laptops On The Market?
- What Are Some Of The Pros And Cons Of Using An Apple Laptop For Gaming?
- What Are Some Tips For Getting The Most Out Of An Apple Gaming Laptop?
- Image Gallery – Are Apple Laptops Good For Gaming?
What Are The Main Features Of Apple Laptops That Make Them Good For Gaming?
Some of the major features particular to Macbooks that guarantee a great gaming experience include:
- High display quality: This is an important feature that makes Macbooks great for gaming. The full HD high-resolution quality makes game visuals on Macbooks clear.
- Lightweight: Apple laptops are known to have a sleek and lightweight design which makes them portable and can be carried around easily
- Internal storage: The storage capacity of some Apple laptops make them great for gaming in that they come with an internal SSD which ultimately delivers a quick loading time for games, applications and movies
- Battery Life: Although the battery life depends majorly on usage and external temperature, the battery life of Apple laptops is considered to be impressive because they allow users to play games for an extended period of time
- Operating system: Apple laptops run on the macOS, which is less susceptible to virus attacks.
What Are The Different Gaming Laptops Offered By Apple?
16-inch MacBook Pro:
The cost of this laptop varies based on the storage capacity, but the price range is between $2499-$3499. Included in the box of this Macbook is a 14-inch MacBook Pro, 67W USB-C Power Adapter (M1 Pro with 8-core CPU) or 96W USB-C Power Adapter (M1 Pro with 10-core CPU or M1 Max) and a USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (2 m)
- It is available in silver and space grey colours
- 16.2 inches Liquid Retina XDR display
- 16GB RAM, which can be configured to 32GB(M1 Pro) or 64GB(M1 Max)
- The operating system is macOS
- CPU is 9th Generation, Intel Core i7 processor
- GPU is Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Backlit Magic keyboard with Touch ID to unlock
- Weighs 2.2kg
- The battery can last for up to 11 hours
- Has an SDXC card slot, HDMI port, 3.5mm headphone jack, and 3 Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) ports
- Several built-in apps
- 1080p Facetime HD camera
- Wireless connectivity is via WiFi (802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible) and Bluetooth 5.0
- Enhanced audio with 6 speaker system
14-inch MacBook Pro
The 14-inch MacBook Pro is a great choice for gamers who want a powerful laptop that can handle the most demanding games. It has a large display that is perfect for gaming, and the powerful hardware inside can handle even the most demanding games.
The only downside is that the battery life is not as good as some other laptops, but for gaming, the 14-inch MacBook Pro is a great choice.
13-inch MacBook Pro
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is another portable laptop that is good for gaming. It has a decent processor and other good hardware that makes it a decent laptop for gaming. However, it is not the best laptop for gaming for some reasons. One reason is that the screen size is a bit small. This can make some games look a bit cramped on the screen. Another reason is that the battery life is not the best. Although, gaming laptops tend to have shorter battery lives than other laptops because they use more power.
Asides from their different sizes, the other listed Macbooks have similar specifications to the 16-inch Macbook Pro. The only other significant difference is that while the 14 & 16-inch Macbooks have the option for either M1 Pro or M1 Max, the 13-inch Macbook Pro has only the M1 processor.
How Do Apple Laptops Compare To Other Gaming Laptops On The Market?
Despite the fact that Apple laptops are not particularly considered to be a great choice for heavy gaming purposes, there is no doubt that some Macbook models like the ones listed above provide a decent gaming experience for game lovers in terms of display quality, battery life, storage capacity, graphic processing unit (GPU) and portability. Also, as opposed to other gaming laptops, Apple laptops are pricey as they do not come cheap,
What Are Some Of The Pros And Cons Of Using An Apple Laptop For Gaming?
Regardless of the brand name, all digital gadgets come with their positive and negative aspects.
- Apple laptops have their own distinct GPUs, which make their graphics high-powered.
- Storage capacity
- Battery life is long
- Hardware is durable
- Apple laptops are not budget-friendly; they are generally expensive.
- Limited upgradeability: Unlike PCs that can be easily upgraded, Macbooks can not.
- Macbooks are not touch screens.
What Are Some Tips For Getting The Most Out Of An Apple Gaming Laptop?
Although Apple laptops are not built to be gaming laptops, some of them offer a decent gaming performance. Taking the following steps will ensure that you get the most out of your Macbook:
- Know the status of disk usage and clear the clutter: Finding this out will enable you to find out certain apps that run in the background
- Disable OS X features: These are features that are barely used but still take up processing power and RAM on your MacBook
- Disable apps from starting by default
- When not in use, close all applications and menu bars, as this will improve the speed and general performance of your MacBook
- Configure your game settings
- Play games in different viewed modes: Playing games in the windowed and full-screen modes will help you to determine the speed and graphic variations of the game and choose the most suitable
- Regularly check activity monitor: With this, you can keenly monitor your RAM and CPU usage.
- Ensure your software is updated
Apple laptops (Macbooks) are known to be expensive; however, they are worth every penny.
Most of their laptops generally come with a unique operating system, long-lasting battery life, impressive storage capacity, high-powered GPU, and are extremely lightweight, making them easy to carry around.
Though they are not built to be gaming laptops, some Macbooks, particularly the Macbook Pro models, offer an overall great gaming performance despite any limitations.