In this blog post, we will explore the specifics of the power requirements for the TP-Link Tapo C100 home security Wi-Fi camera.
- The Tapo C100 requires a 9V DC 0.6A power adapter
- It uses a 5.5×2.1mm plug connector
- Input voltage is 9V DC
- The current needed is 0.6A
- It can operate from 0-40°C.
Related Post: TP-Link Tapo C100 Camera Review.
What are the exact power specifications for the TP-Link Tapo C100?
Based on the search results, the TP-Link Tapo C100 home security Wi-Fi camera requires the following power:
- Input voltage: 9V DC
- Current: 0.6A
Specifically, the camera uses a 9V/0.6A DC power adapter with a 5.5×2.1mm plug, as stated in the search results.
The full specifications listed across the search results are:
- Power input: 9V / 0.6A DC adapter
- Plug size: 5.5×2.1mm
- Operating temperature: 0-40°C
- Storage temperature: -40-70°C
- Operating humidity: 10-90% RH non-condensing
- Storage humidity: 5-90% RH non-condensing
Power Supply Details
To break this down further:
- The 9V DC input voltage along with the 0.6A current rating, tells us the Tapo C100 needs a standard 9V DC power supply capable of supplying at least 0.6 amps of current.
- The 5.5×2.1mm plug size refers to the physical connector size and shape that the power supply must have to correctly fit into the camera’s power jack. So, the power adapter or cable must have this specific plug size.
- The operating temperature range of 0-40°C means the camera is designed to function properly within temperatures spanning freezing 0°C to hot 40°C environments.
- Similarly, the storage temps and humidity specs tell us the conditions the Tapo C100 can withstand when powered off. This includes frigid -40°C to very hot 70°C temperatures.
So in summary, to power on and use the Tapo C100 normally, it requires a 9V DC 0.6A power supply with a 5.5×2.1mm plug connector. This allows it to operate in temperatures from 0-40°C and humidity from 10-90% RH.
Finding a Compatible Power Supply
When searching for a suitable power adapter or power cable for the Tapo C100, be sure to match these specifications exactly:
- Output voltage: 9V DC
- Current rating: Minimum 0.6A
- Plug connector size: 5.5×2.1mm
The easiest option is likely to order the official TP-Link power adapter made specifically for the Tapo C100. But generic 9V DC adapters with sufficient current rating and correct plug size will also work fine.
In summary, the TP-Link Tapo C100 security camera needs a 9V DC, 0.6A power source using a 5.5×2.1mm connector plug in order to operate normally. It’s designed to work in temperatures from freezing to hot (0-40°C) and environments with 10-90% humidity.
Knowing these exact power requirements allows you to easily find a compatible power supply, whether that’s an official TP-Link adapter, a generic 9V DC adapter, or current and connector needs.
I hope this breakdown helps explain exactly what kind of power supply you’ll need to power on the nifty little Tapo C100 camera! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Image Gallery – What Are The Power Requirements For The Tp-Link Tapo C100?